Lead Industrial Engineer will work directly with production while leading team of engineers in implementing lean manufacturing systems. They will analyze throughput data to help departments improve performance. They will be responsible to lead standardized work for future products alongside the core team and help to launch extraordinary products. In steady state, they will drive continuous improvement projects. The main purpose of the Industrial Engineer is to work to eliminate waste of time, money, materials, person-hours, machine time, energy and other resources that do not generate value.
The position will develop, recommend, and implement changes which will result in the improvement of manufacturing processes and or product quality. The ability to work in a dynamic manufacturing environment is critical to your success General Motors.
- Develop, status, and analyze Manufacturing Master Schedules in sufficient detail to monitor progress, assess program status, and identify performance issues in a timely manner.
- Use critical path methodology and application in network development, analysis, and problem resolution is required.
- Optimize sequence of operations and work flow
- Create crew plans to ensure resources are properly allocated and utilized effectively.
- Create metrics to monitor schedule progress and help identify risk areas.
- Perform data analysis to establish shop metrics and tackle complex problems.
- Work to improve efficiencies through waste elimination and process improvements.
- Forecasting manpower requirements
- Provide Technical support and assistance to manufacturing and maintenance team members, production supervisors and production associates
- Will supervise small to mid-size team of Engineers
- Supports implementation for the National UAW-GM Ergonomics Agreement and process working with UAW partners
- Work collaboratively with Product Design, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Production personnel, etc. to identify ergonomic risks, develop solutions and drive issues to closure
The ideal candidate for this position has a Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related field, along with experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
What Gives You a Competitive Edge:
- Manufacturing experience in machining and assembly operations
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Experience in GMOS / SMLBS
- Experience in Cimplicity and APS