GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Work Arrangement : Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
At General Motors we strive for a culture of excellence. We act with integrity. We are driven by ingenuity and innovation. We have the courage to do and say what's difficult. Each of us takes accountability for results, drives for continued efficiencies and has the tenacity to win.
We are seeking Entry Level Manufacturing Mechanical Engineers to do hands-on work that could add directly to the bottom line of our culture and our company. You will have many responsibilities and accountabilities, like mechanical support for programs. You will learn how to lead mechanical projects for several different areas of the plant including operations improvements and new and replacement programs. This is a hands-on position in which you may work with periodic repairs and to provide technical support and direction to support personnel/skilled trades.
Mechanical root cause analysis and problem solving
Analyze product, process and technology to figure out the best methods of manufacture
Assist in the design and building of tools and equipment or recommends improvements to existing processes
Assist maintenance personnel in operation and maintenance of specialized equipment
Troubleshoot special maintenance and equipment problems
Coordinate machinery upgrade projects
We have opportunities available in the below locations for this role. Please indicate in your application which of these locations you are interested in.
- Fairfax, KS
- Bay City, MI
- Brownstown, MI
- Bedford, IN
- Lansing, MI
- Romulus, MI
- Saginaw, MI
- Spring Hill, TN
- Toledo, OH
- Arlington, TX
- Fort Wayne, IN
- Wentzville, MO
- Tonawanda, NY
Pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering Technology
Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
Willing to work in a plant environment
Graduated between December 2023 and Spring of 2024
What will give you a Competitive Edge (preferred qualifications)
Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities or service organizations
Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, especially the ability to synthesize large amounts of data involving multiple variables into comprehensive, applicable insights
Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, leading timelines and goals
Willingness to ask questions, take initiative and be resourceful and inventive
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill sophisticated subjects to a wider audience
Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
Deliver new and creative solutions to sophisticated problems
Relocation assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
- The salary range for this role is $82,500 and $95,000. The actual base salary a successful candidate will be offered within this range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level and individual performance
This role requires you to possess good physical stamina and coordination.
Specific physical requirements of the position include the ability to:
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Read standardized work instructions, operate machines and tools, and perform quality inspections.
- Promptly detect and respond to safety instructions, alarms, and signals.
- Wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, hats, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
- Work in a loud manufacturing environment that is not climate controlled (conditions can be hot or cold).
- Frequently and repetitively bend, twist, kneel, crouch and reach to perform work.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds and periodically carry or lift materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally sit, climb (including ladders and lifts) and drive vehicles and equipment.