Main Purpose of this position s
The primary purpose of the DevOps is to lead multi-functional software development and environment operation and management to deliver innovative products to market that deliver service and value to our premium collection customers. This role requires someone with the expertise to understand product vision, features, and architecture, perform the coding and manage software environment effectively to multiple development teams. The DevOps will operate in a complex multi organizational landscape and will develop and operate existing systems or new systems to provide a world class customer experience
Roles and Responsibilities
- Quickly develop understanding of GM Premier Import (GMPI) vehicle’s Mobile App and Mini-Program domains, business capabilities and features
- Work with or without direct supervision and develop application, perform unit test, operate, and manage the development and test environment, and provide technical support for different products.
- Based on feature, user story, and architecture set by technical product owners, architects, documentation source code and development documents for consumption by architecture, development, and test teams
- Operate and manage the develop and test environment for different development teams.
- Collaborate with architect and development teams to perform code review and development file review
- Ensure appropriate and effective data integration across multiple systems.
- Maintain a sprint release plan, release trajectory, and release burn-down, based on capacity and velocity predictions
- Enforce team rules, help resolve impediments, facilitate efficiency, and increase the probability of success in each sprint.
- Champion accountability within and outside the team and coordinate dependencies across teams
- Provide visibility of development team status and issues to senior management
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation
- Promote continuous team improvement, measure the team, and help the team and individuals measure themselves
- Analyze the current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends areas for improvement
- Administer GMPI company Wechat Open platform, Mini-program development platform and Official Account management platform
- Provide offline event support for GMPI project
- Implement and support various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure.
- Participate in setting up of tools and required infrastructure for GMPI.
- Contribute to the improvement of existing development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Troubleshoot and fix code bugs as needed.
- Recommend or build automated processes wherever needed.
- Identify and deploy or provide assistance in cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment.
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Mentoring and guiding team members.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline (Computer Science or Engineering)
- At least 5 years’ experience including at college with development (C/C++, JAVA, Swift, Python or other advanced languages) and architecture in Mobile (Android or iOS) or WeChat Mini-Program
- Experience with Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD), SOA and Web Service stacks, standards, products, and technologies
- Experience with DevOps tools and process
- Experience with globally distributed and large cross-functional teams, with a track record of having developed work and managing delivery
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile practices. Experience in one or more software development roles such as architecture, design, development, test, configuration management or quality assurance.
- Competent in enterprise and agile project management tools.
- Broad technical knowledge spanning applications, infrastructure, methodologies, and tools
- Experience with SAFe, DFSS and Scrum
- Experience with failure mode and effects analysis
- Knowledge of network, database, monitoring, and infrastructure design is plus
- Experience with Extreme Programming (XP), and other Agile engineering practices is a plus
- Experience developing training materials
- Knowledge and experiences of WeChat related platform administration
- Knowledge and experiences of Microsoft Azure Cloud administration
Skills and Abilities
- Systematic problem-solving approach
- Sense of ownership and drive for result and solutions
- Exceptional listening skill
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be willing to embrace change
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective Communication and Presentation skills in both English and Chinese, especially on business problems, alternatives and project strategy to a project team and customer groups
You will need to have proven experience in the following:
- Full lifecycle application development using standard design patterns/frameworks
- Must have experience as part of a software project delivery effort
- Demonstrate mastery of several programming languages, tools and/or technologies
- Assists with Performance tuning, usability assessment/improvement
- Proactively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code or solution/configuration
- Integrate software with existing software/systems
- Knowledge of Software testing, quality assurance and solutions testing including automation
- Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software applications
- Work closely with senior developers, software engineers and/or data scientist to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
- Document software solutions and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards
- Understand and maintain compliance with GM standards and industry standard methodology
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors.
- Models GM behaviors and crafts a winning culture.