A IT Scrum Master is a process expert and a key member of an Agile Scrum Team. They are responsible for assuring the SCRUM team maximizes the productivity of its development capability and meets their Sprint goals. As a Scrum Manager you will drive the daily standup, identify and remove any blockers to team productivity, measure team performance, negotiate priorities with the Product Owner, and drive continuous improvement. An ideal candidate will have a systems background and a process mindset. The candidate will be good at pulling people together toward a common goal and be open to critically assessing how to improve. Agile development and Dev Ops experience is a plus. Most importantly the candidate needs to be ready to own multiple types of issues impacting application development and drive them to a successful conclusion.
Minimum Qualifications :
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or related experience At least 4-5 years of systems development.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile IT development team.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully own and drive to conclusion issues impacting productivity.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing work and working with cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated excellence with communication skills; being inclusive of team members with different experience levels, backgrounds, opinions, and ideas.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset.
- Experience with TFS/Azure DevOps.
- Experience with Power BI.
- Agile product development experience or certification.
- DevOps experience and understanding.
- Post graduate degree in a technical discipline.
Responsibilities and required skills/capabilities are dependent on subject area focus and include some of the following:
- Develop and update reviews for ELA, Strategic and assigned supplier contract achievements
- Ensure the input, feedback and approval of requestor, purchasing and Global Software Management team members
- Provide guidance and direct support during execution of scope and negotiation activities
- Understand all current software contract workstreams to identify issues and risks
- Provide input to project progress and status reports
- Facilitate development of content for technical training for global IT employees tied to portfolio deliverables
- Contribute to efforts to improve safety culture and eliminate injuries and fatalities and execution of Global Workplace Safety Initiatives including office safety.
- Perform research to support execution of the security awareness campaigns that address major vulnerabilities identified by IT Security and Risk Management.
- Support policies, monitoring, tools and shared processes to ensure timely and disciplined execution of the current portfolio and development of next year portfolio plan
- Perform in-depth analysis of the IT project portfolio to determine opportunities for improvement in execution and planning
- Contribute to business requirements definition and perform user acceptance testing for portfolio management tool enhancements
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture. Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS & CAPABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Solid verbal, writing and PowerPoint skills
- Proficient with Excel
- High level of interpersonal skills, integrity, work ethic
- Experience with successfully managing small/medium sized projects in a matrix environment
- Ability to gather and interpret complex quantitative or qualitative data
- Exhibit excellent analysis skills, with the capability to quickly transform data into information
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills and willingness to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Develop and document complex IT, Finance, Legal, Supplier, HR and/or communications processes, policies or procedures
- Maintain tracking scorecards and metrics to illustrate status and ownership