Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week
The General Motors Design Asset Creation team is seeking a Virtual Developer to join the team creating virtual and immersive assets, and experiences for the Company. You will join a team of Visualization Designers, Modelers and Material Experts demonstrating a large array of skills to achieve realistic 3D experiences that show off our vision for General Motors.
We are seeking candidates who have excellent problem-solving skills, demonstrated personal accountability, and self-motivation to connect the varied product stakeholders for the success of each vehicle. A passion for the automotive field that helps strengthen & transcend the understanding of vehicle customization and configuration is a must.
If this sounds like your next move, we'd love to hear from you! There has never been a more exciting time to join GM!
What You'll Do
• Continuously brainstorming new ideas of how we can excite customers with 2D and 3D experiences utilizing a variety of visualization software.
• Framework and grow configuration engines that allow for an accurate visual representation of customer vehicles.
• Create tools and pipeline efficiencies that power our market experiences.
• Help affect decision making by enabling quicker CAD to visualization pipelines.
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
• Ability to comprehend multiple ideas and use cases to problem solve via various visualization software (Unreal Engine, Deltagen, Omniverse, etc.)
• Ability to understand the need for tools/scripts and act upon bringing innovation to the team.
• Able to understand a CGI rendering pipeline and affect day to day with efficiencies and tool development.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred/equivalent industry related experience considered
• Experience (3+ years)
• Experience & proficiency in coding languages (Python, C++, etc.)
• Experience in Microsoft, UNREAL Engine, DeltaGen and/or VRED
• Knowledge in TeamCenter a plus