Hybrid: Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectations is that the employee be on-site an average of three (3) days each week.
The Lead Manufacturing Engineer will lead a group of execution zone manufacturing engineers engaged in developing manufacturing processes, designing equipment/tooling, Integration of equipment, install into the plant, and manage to steady state. Requirements would include effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities necessary for a flawless execution. Work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering facility as well as assembly plant with an elevated level of independent judgment.
What You'll Do:
You will be responsible for the identification of Executable Automation and Optimization Projects within a plant or across multiple plants. Responsible for the detailed validation plan that includes Level 3 timing. Capture lessons learned for future deployments. Develop installation and validation plans. Ensure compliance to safety standards and all ME deliverables
- Leading all new programs, model changes and current production in a specific area.
- Define all areas of change, which include product and manufacturing requirements (tooling, workstation setup, facility and etc.)
- Lead a team of manufacturing engineers to execute the above changes from conception to production. Involved in program finances and maintaining budget requirements.
- Duties include: lead a group of employees, mentor employees, develop and review goals, set direction of team, coverage of programs and issues, participate in new hire selection, and assess merit raises and promotions
- Efficient material flow understandings for future material movement
- Develop interfaces, and work with cross functional teams to develop / define common tooling and process across whole department and other groups
- Develop tooling SORs
- Providing technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources
- Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools required in plants for the production of high quality parts.
- Support build events at the plant
- Address launch issues
- Work will involve managing day to day activities of a team of engineers (direct and indirect reports), including setting objectives, managing results, and evaluating/coaching individual performance
- Participating in Program financials
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications):
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing/engineering
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing launch experience
- Deep technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines
- Deep knowledge and ability to implement GMS principles
- Thorough knowledge of Manufacturing Processes and Equipment. Also, the Global Launch Process and Vehicle Development Process.
- Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with highest level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Proven desire and ability to manage/coach performance of direct reports
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE