Hybrid: Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time, but the general expectation is that the employee be on-site an average of three (3) days each week.
We are looking for a high-performing 2024 PhD Intern – Sensor Alignment who will support the development of state of art AV and active safety advanced sensing features and functions. Will involve rapid prototyping, specifying requirements, evaluation of designs, analysis, development, testing of advanced sensing functions (e.g., sensor alignment) as a part of AV and active safety development projects where creativity and initiative are involved as well as a high level of independent judgment. Consults with supervisor and peers as required.
What You’ll Do
- Develops sensing system alignment technologies that will integrate into a targeted vehicle application, which include developing software and use cases
- Strong focus on camera, RADAR and LiDAR technologies with sensor processing and alignment
- Works closely with Research and Development, software developers, validation engineers, HMI engineers, network engineers and suppliers to develop methods / algorithms / tools to support features
- Supports the development of sensing and system requirements
- Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products
- Currently enrolled in PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Electric Engineering, or other related fields
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Robotics or related fields
- 3+ years experience in software development
- Proficient in Python or C/C++
- In depth knowledge of computer vision and pattern recognition systems
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience of sensor alignment algorithm development
- Experience in production software implementation
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2024 Student Program.
The salary range for this role is $8,000-$9,400 per month, dependent upon experience.
Benefit options are not available for this role.