GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Remote: The position can be performed remotely most of the time, but the employee may be asked to come on-site approximately four times per year.
Our focus is on relationship building and flawless negotiation and execution of initiatives in the following key areas:
New Business Development
Corporate and Regional Strategic Initiatives
Interns will work with project teams to deliver on key initiatives such as:
Lead business case development for deals, which involves identifying and interfacing with the appropriate internal and external stakeholders
Evaluate new business opportunities
Research industry and value chain dynamics and landscapes
- Pursuit of an MBA degree (1 year into MBA program)
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
What will give you a Competitive Edge (Preferred qualifications):
- 2+ years of Strategy, Business Development, Entrepreneurship, Technology or Automotive Experience
- Proficiency crafting and presenting compelling stories to all levels of the organization
- Experience gathering customer insights by applying human-centered Design Thinking principles
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Experience creating and implementing corporate and/or business-level strategies: formulation, activation, and execution coordination highly desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others while driving results
- Goes beyond strategy definition and into effective execution
- Strong project management skills with a keen attention to detail and operations with a sense of urgency to move from ideas to action
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to process and organize facts, data, and other information to define a problem and develop an effective solution
- Ability to aggregate, synthesize and communicate business information in formats that are clear and effective for the desired audiences
- Highly organized and skilled in priority setting
- Cultivates an open, inclusive culture that supports learning and encourages collaboration
Student Stipend: GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to eligible students selected for the 2024 Student Program.
Pay Transparency: The salary range for this role is $6,200 - $6,700 monthly dependent upon class status and degree.
Benefit options are not available for this role.